Thursday, October 20, 2005

On the Road... Again.

Well, my reading last night at B&N went swimmingly, and I got to see a lot of old, old faces. By which I mean, obviously, not faces that are old, but faces I have not seen in a long, long time. Including my very first boss from my very first, $50-per-week job in New York, and several government-agency-democrats. Then my editor took Eric and me and a bunch of friends - including my brother and "Gwen" - for drinks at Indochine. Which is a very my-editor sort of place. And many, many gimlets were drunk, and now Eric is monstrously hungover.

Not me though. I, instead, am in San Francisco. After a couple of interviews, including one with a food writer named Meredith who is just FANTASTIC, and who bought me pork tacos and MORE gimlets, I am now ensconced in my hotel room, knitting and trying to stay awake until 9 pacific time so I'm not trashed by tomorrow night, when I'm getting into a rental car after my reading at Book Passage in Corta Madere and driving three hours to see my oldest oldest friend matt in mendocino.

It's strange. I'm feeling very, very lonely right now. My husband has apparently recovered from his hangover, either that or has died - he is off somewhere, not answering his phone. I feel weird, somehow, calling any friends. Perhaps because it's nearly midnight where my friends are. I'm just sitting in bed in my hotel-issued robe, knitting. And, well, crying a little. Not sure why. Sometimes one simply must, I suppose.

Tomorrow will be better.

12 Comments:

Blogger Ced said...

Julie,

thanks again for your time today. The result's here.
Have fun in SF!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can only think of the lyrics of Tenacious D right now, found here:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tenaciousd/theroad.html

enjoy

12:53 PM  
Blogger Richard Majece said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Richard Majece said...

I think that after visiting https://essayclick.net/blog/get-into-harvard you will learn more about getting into Harvard. It will help you to apply

5:07 AM  
Blogger Angel Claudia said...

Students who encounter trouble with completing their top paper writing services and custom written college papers can contact our company as we have expert writers in the field.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

McAfee activate is a well-known name in the industry. McAfee Total Security provides complete antivirus protection for your PC.

4:26 AM  
Blogger John said...

Students who encounter trouble with completing their top paper writing services and custom written college papers can contact our company as we have expert writers in the field. sami

2:01 PM  
Blogger james brown said...

Keep sharing a lot more relating to this. We would like to see more from you and more regularly! btw also visit my website
purchase

1:15 AM  
Blogger AmandaOrleander said...

Form the personal statement editing services capital and image of the researcher. The rating allows you to gain public recognition. A high rating is a well-deserved assessment of the quality of work. Thanks to the rating (of both individual works and authors), you can easily find a really high-quality and interesting research on a topic of interest.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Blog!!

You may be interested in Company Registration in Kerala and Business Registration in Kerala

10:09 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

เล่นบาคาร่าออนไลน์กับค่าย sagame game มั่นคง ปลอดภัย 100% ระบบเกมมีคุณภาพ ได้รับรางวัลการัตีมากมาย และได้ยกให้ Sagameherelao เป็นตัวแทนของผู้ผลิตเกมโดยตรง และเป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ให้บริการบาคาร่าอย่างถูกต้องตามกฎหมาย เล่นบาคาร่าได้อย่างสบายใจ เว็บตรง ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ หรือคนกลางใด ๆ เล่นแล้วได้เงินจริง และที่สำคัญเว็บไซต์ของเรามีระบบฝากถอนที่ปลอดภัย เงินเข้าครบทุกบาท ไม่หักเปอร์เซ็นใด ๆ ฝากถอนด้วยระบบออโต้ ที่รวดเร็วทันใจ ผ่าน True Money Wallet ฟรี ใน 1 นาที

9:27 AM  
Blogger Green Vision said...

I came across this site recently and I really liked your presentation style. I have bookmarked your site and Thank you so much for sharing informative posts. Keep going.
Wayfinding and signage design | Signage consultant

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home