Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Progressing Apace

So here I am in London. So far it's been quite nice.

The first night I got drunk in the schmancy lounge of my schmancy hotel. Jake Gyllenhaal smiled at me, and Matt Dillon talked to me about something I can't remember while eating a miniature bin of Haagen-Dazs ice cream. (He was eating the ice cream. I was sticking with martinis, which might be why I can't remember what he was talking about.) David Strathairn was supposedly somewhere about, but I never saw him.

Then I went to Bath and had a fabulous time with Hannah and James and dyed a blue streak in my - to match my language, I suppose.

Tonight I'm going to schmancy book launch party. Heath Ledger is supposed to be there. Though if you were Heath Ledger, ,would you go to my book launch party? I'd much rather it were David Strathairn rumored to be there. Ah well.

People in London like me, in part, I think, because they don't know Julia Child from adam. Nobody thinks I'm making her spin around in her grave, which is sort of relief.

Oh, and I forgot my toiletries. I just brushed my hair, blue streak and all, with a toothbrush. It was clean. Kind of.

11 Comments:

Blogger Brian Eden said...

Check out the London River Cafe while you're over there. I bought their cookbook and so far everything I've made from it has been killer. Maybe I should do a 365 days, every recipe from the London River Cafe project. Or not. I guess it's kind of been done. Either way, seems like the food there is great and if I ever went to London, I'd definitely try to check it out. So I'll just have to live vicariously through you. Or your blog.

PS - love the book.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Nanny said...

Jake...YUMMY!!!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger x said...

got to get your book via Amazon. they don't sell it here. But i read a few things about it in British marie claire and am amazed.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Julie, I'm a great fan of your book. I only wish I were there from the beginning. Good luck, and enjoy your book tour.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Richard Majece said...

I advise you to check this out if you want to know more about college and high schools. It's useful to know

5:08 AM  
Blogger Term Paper Writing Services said...

Among the most popular Psychology Papers Writing Services provided to students is High Quality Psychology Papers intended to meet your academic needs, as well as Psychology Research Paper Writing.

11:00 PM  
Blogger chanee said...

I will be looking forward to your next post. Thank you
อิ่มหรือยัง เสรีพิศุทธ์ ลั่นประยุทธ์เป็นนายกฯ กว่า 6 ปี

1:39 AM  
Blogger edok69 said...

This is my blog. Click here.
บาคาร่า sa เล่นอย่างไร มาทำความรู้จักกับเกมนี้กัน "

4:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Blog!!

You may be interested in Company Registration in Kerala and Business Registration in Kerala

10:27 AM  
Blogger Slot เว็บ ตรง said...

168galaxy pg เว็บเกมสล็อตออนไลน์น้องใหม่มาแรง จากค่าย เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ PGSLOT ที่กำลังร้อนแรงสุด ๆ ในตอนนี้ อยากรวยกดเลย

8:51 AM  
Blogger ทดลองpg รับฟรีเครดิต said...

PGSLOT 6G เป็นระบบสล็อตออนไลน์ที่ใช้เทคโนโลยีล่าสุดเพื่อให้ผู้เล่นได้รับประสบการณ์การเล่นเกม PG SLOTที่เหนือกว่าของค่ายอื่นๆ โดยมีการออกแบบ

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home